- Get funded! By taking on an apprentice aged 16-24 you could gain £1,500 in funding.
- Companies that employ apprentices lower their recruitment costs because training staff is more cost-effective than hiring experienced and skilled staff.
- Training apprentices produces workers with skills that are not available on the external jobs market, allowing your business to shape your workers into precisely the right people for the job.
- Filling in the gaps! They can fill your skills gaps and you can invest in vital skills needed to make your business go further.
- Apprentices can provide a business with fresh and innovative solutions to business challenges within the sector which is vital to help a business remain competitive and relevant in its market.
- Do your bit for the economy! Taking on a young person and training them up will help to tackle youth unemployment and they can provide a boost for your own business during the economic downturn.
- Apprentices are generally keen to get stuck in, prove themselves and learn as much as possible which can bring a fresh boost to your company and provide renowned motivation to your workforce.
- Investing time and money in the apprentices will allow them to feel motivated, valued and grateful to join a skilled team. This then increases their likelihood to remain with your company to fulfil their long-term prospects.
- Apprenticeship training could increase interest in training amongst your employees.
- A good Apprenticeship scheme could be reflected in an enhanced reputation for the business both within the industry and in the local community.
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% say that Apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity
- 80% feel that Apprenticeships reduce staff turnover
- 83% of employers rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- Two-thirds of respondents believe that their Apprenticeship programme helps them fill vacancies more quickly, whilst
- 88% believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 59% report that training apprentices is more cost-effective than hiring skilled staff, with 59% believing that Apprenticeships lead to lower overall training costs and 53% feeling that they reduce recruitment costs
- In terms of the return on investment linked to Apprenticeships, 41% say that their apprentices make a valuable contribution to the business during their training period, while a further third (33%) report that apprentices add value within their first few weeks (or even from Day One)
- 57% report a high proportion of their apprentices going on to management positions within the company
- Over three-quarters of respondents expect apprenticeships to play a bigger part in their recruitment policy in the future.
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW)
Skills Support for the Workforce is a fully funded project by the European Social Fund and the Skills Funding Agency to provide support by offering courses without cost to employees aged 19+, who meet the eligibility criteria, and are employed in a small to medium business based in Geater Lincolnshire and The Humber.
The funding can be used to deliver flexible training, qualifications and short courses, up to and including Level 3, tailored to meet employee needs. Smaller units of delivery can be funded that are not full qualifications. This includes units for employees who currently hold an existing Level 2 qualification.
Higher level employees can be funded where the training is responding to the Greater Lincolnshire (LEP), Humber Local Enterprise Partnership priority sectors of Biorenewables, Visitor Economy and Agri-Foods.
Contact 0800 012 6656 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more info or go toSkills for the workforce Humber & Greater Lincolnshire